Low Carb Tiramisu Brownies with Mascarpone Frosting
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 8-inch square pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges; set aside.
- Whisk together almond flour, cocoa, espresso, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Stir together Allulose Granulated Sweetener and coconut oil. Stir in eggs, one a time; stir in vanilla. Fold in almond flour mixture until blended.
- Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a few moist crumbs still adhere to tester inserted in center. Let cool on rack. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Mascarpone Frosting: Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat mascarpone, Allulose Granulated Sweetener and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in espresso until blended. In separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold into mascarpone mixture. Spread over brownies.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until frosting is firm.
- Lightly dust with cocoa powder before serving. Cut into squares.
Tip: Brownies can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes: 8 Servings
Nutrition Facts: Per 1/8 of recipe, Calories 360, Fat 34g, Saturated Fat 20g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 150mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g, Protein 8g
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Fair Trade cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cage free organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brewed espresso, chilled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Fair Trade cocoa powder