Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque
- Peel and fabricate the butternut squash and carrots into 2 inch pieces. Place the vegetables on a lined baking sheet and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cut the top off the garlic, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes. When done, carefully remove the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Crisp the bacon in the oven on a lined sheet tray in a single layer for 20-25 minutes or until browned and crispy. Remove from pan and blot with a paper towel; cool and crumble into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Sauté the onions and celery in a large soup pot until translucent. Add the chicken stock, roasted garlic cloves, roasted butternut squash and carrots, chicken powder, Organic Blue Agave, cumin, sage, turmeric and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree in batches until smooth, taking precaution as the soup is hot. Return the pureed soup to the pot and on low heat stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for another 20-25 minutes and check for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- To assemble, ladle soup in soup bowls and garnish with crumbled bacon and chives.
Yield: 3 Gallons (Large, big batch recipe intended for Parties, Catering, or Foodservice occasions)
Recipe Source: Chef Tanya Duyongco
- 15 lbs butternut squash
- 6 lbs carrots
- 3 heads whole garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more for roasting
- 3 lbs bacon
- 6 cups diced onions
- 6 cups diced celery
- 18 cups organic chicken stock or broth
- 6 tbsp chicken powder
- ½ cup Wholesome Organic Blue Agave
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 6 tsp ground sage
- ½ tsp tumeric
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped chives
- Kosher salt and White pepper (to taste)