Vegan Mushroom Cauliflower Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease 8- x 4-inch loaf pan; line pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, in batches, for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In same pan, cook cauliflower rice, onions, jalapeño, garlic, chipotle powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Let cool slightly.
- In food processor, pulse together mushrooms, vegetable mixture, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, almond flour, flax meal, Allulose Granulated Sweetener, cilantro, mustard and tamari until coarsely ground.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Glaze: Stir together tomato paste, Allulose Granulated Sweetener, vinegar, coconut oil and chipotle chili powder. Brush glaze over meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
Tip: Serve leftover meatloaf for breakfast with scrambled tofu or serve for lunch in lettuce wraps with guacamole.
Makes: 8 servings
Per 1/8 of meatloaf, Calories 500, Fat 39g, Saturated Fat 12g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1080mg, Carbohydrate 26g, Fiber 10g, Sugars 7g, Protein 21g
- 6 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin & dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- For the Glaze:
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 4 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder