10 large nectarines, cut into bite-size pieces, pits discarded (8 cups)
2 pt blackberries (4 cups)
1 tsp lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon), grated on a Microplane
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Dark Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
1 cup whole raw almonds
1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/ 3 cup Wholesome! Organic Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- To make the fruit cobbler:
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position, then preheat the oven to 375°F.
Combine the fruit, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and organic dark brown sugar in a large bowl and fold together to mix.
- Using a little fine mesh sieve (such as for dusting powdered sugar), dust the cornstarch over the fruit evenly and fold together gently.
- To make the cobbler topping:
- Combine the oats, almonds, flour, cinnamon, organic dark brown sugar and salt in the order they are listed in a food processor and process for 5 seconds. Transfer into a medium bowl, then stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole dish. Pour the fruit into the prepared baking dish and top evenly with the crumb topping. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes until the cobbler looks nice and bubbly. The topping should be a light golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or chilled with whipped cream. This cobbler also doubles as a great breakfast treat.
Recipe Source: Chef Nathan Lyon
TRY IT WITH
Wholesome Organic Fair Trade Dark Brown Sugar
Many Wholesome products are qualified to use the following: