We’re entering the holiday season, which means it’s almost time to gather around the table and indulge in an assortment of delectable Thanksgiving dishes. But our favorite part of Thanksgiving isn’t the feast itself, it’s the time we get to spend together in the kitchen cooking up memories, that means the most.
We know that Thanksgiving festivities might look a little different this year and you might be creating new holiday traditions. That’s why we’ve partnered with Simply Gluten Free Magazine to bring you this exclusive recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Loaves. They are a fantastic alternative to a classic pie, while still delivering the pumpkin flavor that you love.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Loaves
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Rest Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Calories: 475 kcal
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-cavity mini loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin, flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the walnuts and raisins. Divide the mixture evenly among the mini loaves. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat until pourable, whisking to make sure it is smooth.
- Remove the loaves from the pan and set on a cooling rack over a piece of waxed paper. Drizzle the glaze over and let sit for 10-15 minutes or until the glaze is set.