Recipe for Cookies:
2 cups all purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 & ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
1 large egg
½ cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk
Recipe for Filling:
2 cups marshmallow crème ( one 7 oz jar)
1 cup shortening
½ cup Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar (sifted)
½ teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350F
1. In large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt). Stir/blend/sift well. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, cream together the wet ingredients (organic cane sugar, egg, shortening, vanilla, and milk). Add dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
3. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter onto a cookie sheet greased or lined with parchment.
4. Bake at 350F for appx 12 minutes. Cool.
For the filling:
1. In large bowl, using electric mixer, combine marshmallow crème, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat on high speed until smooth and fluffy.
2. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of filling mixture on face of one cookie and top off with another.
Many Wholesome products are qualified to use the following: