- Position a rack to the center of the oven and preheat it to 325°F. Lightly spray a 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray, and line it with parchment paper, spraying the paper lightly as well.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, crisp rice cereal, coconut, pepitas, cranberries, and apricot bits.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, Sucanat, oil, and salt. Place the pan over medium-low heat, and bring the mixture just to a bare simmer, whisking constantly until the Sucanat has completely dissolved and the mixture is homogenous and a beautiful buttery caramel color. Let cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and blend well. Spray your hands with cooking spray. Press the mixture into the prepared pan, using lightly greased palms to coax the mixture into a thin, even layer about 1/4 inch thick. (It might not seem like you’ll have enough to fill the pan, but you will.)
- Bake until golden, rotating the pan 180° halfway through baking, about 20 minutes. Leaving the oven on, remove the pan from the oven and place a clean sheet of parchment over the pan. Use oven omitted hands to press down the mixture firmly. Return the pan to the oven to bake for 5 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen 3-inch pieces
Recipe Source: Shauna Sever