Baked Chicken Nuggets & Allulose BBQ Sauce
- Chicken Nuggets: Preheat oven to 400° In shallow dish, stir together almond flour, cornmeal, Parmesan, Allulose Granulated Sweetener, salt and pepper. In separate shallow dish, beat egg lightly.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg; dredge in almond flour mixture. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake, turning once, for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Barbecue Dipping Sauce: Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in small saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, jalapeño and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until very tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in puréed tomatoes, Allulose Granulated Sweetener, vinegar, tomato paste, 2 tbsp water, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Crudités: Slice veggies and arrange the red pepper, cucumbers, broccoli and cauliflower on serving dish.
- Serve Chicken Nuggets and Crudités with barbecue sauce for dipping.
Tip: For a creamy barbecue dipping sauce, let sauce cool completely; stir half of the barbecue sauce with the same amount of mayonnaise or plain yogurt.
Makes: 2 Servings of nuggets
Nutrition Facts: Per 1/2 recipe, Calories 550, Fat 24g, Saturated Fat 10g, Cholesterol 185mg, Sodium 900mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Fiber 9g, Sugars 12g, Protein 50g
- For the Nuggets:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Allulose, Granulated
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- For the BBQ Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp each oregano, smoked paprika & pepper
- 1/2 cup puréed strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Allulose, Granulated
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Crudités: 1 red bell pepper, 2 mini cucumbers
- 1/2 cup each, fresh broccoli & cauliflower florets