Chocolate Almond Granola Bars
- In large bowl, stir together oats, rice cereal, almonds and apricots. Melt butter in saucepan set over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and honey. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Pour over oats mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang sides, gently pressing mixture into pan to flatten. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Transfer frosting into piping bag fitted with small tip. Drizzle evenly over oats mixture. Cut into bars before serving.
- Bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Use your favorite dried fruit-and-nut combination: try dried cranberries or cherries, cashews or pecans.
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Chocolate Frosting