- Preheat oven to 325. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chips together over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, spices, baking powder, and salt together. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat the organic coconut palm sugar, organic light corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the chocolate mixture. On low speed, add in the flour mixture in two additions, scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in the chips and crystallized ginger.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to make balls of the dough. If desired, roll in organic cane sugar. Place onto the prepared sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. (Place the dough back in the refrigerator between batches.)
Yield: About 18 cookies
Recipe Source: Bridget Edwards of Bake at 350