Mexican Hot Chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together evaporated milk, sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, cloves and coffee.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, and whisk until frothy.
- Serve in mugs.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks if desired.
- Top with fresh, homemade whipped cream.
- 1 can (12oz) low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Fair Trade cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp instant Fair Trade coffee
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional topping:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Whipped cream