Allulose Glazed Chocolate Donuts (Low Carb)
- Donuts: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 6-cavity donut pan. Whisk together cocoa, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat together Allulose Granulated Sweetener, avocado and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla; whisk in cocoa mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each cavity about three-quarters full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; transfer directly to rack and let cool completely.
- Glaze: In heatproof bowl, combine chocolate and salt. Heat cream in small saucepan set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just starting to simmer; pour over chocolate mixture.
- Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in Allulose Liquid Sweetener. Let cool until slightly thickened but still pourable.
- Dip top of each donut in glaze. Transfer to parchment paper–lined tray.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
Tip: Sprinkle donuts with chopped nuts or toasted coconut flakes if desired.
Makes: 6 donuts
Nutrition Facts: Per 1 donut, Calories 200, Fat 16g, Saturated Fat 10g, Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 250mg, Carbohydrate 9g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 1g, Protein 6g
- For the Donuts:
- 1/3 cup Fair Trade cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (gluten-free)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup Wholesome Allulose, Granulated
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cage free organic eggs
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Allulose Liquid Sweetener