2 ½ cups all purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup Wholesome Organic Fair Trade Cane Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze
1 16oz package Wholesome Organic Fair Trade Confectioners Sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
3-5 tablespoons water, plus more if needed
Assorted freeze dried fruit such as blueberries and raspberries, chopped
Assorted tea leaves such as hibiscus and chamomile, chopped
How to Make Cookies
- In a medium bowl whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat on medium speed until well combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Make sure everything is well incorporated but do not overmix. Flatten the dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the dough ¼ inch thick. Use circle and star cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Gather scraps and reroll until you have used up all your dough.
- Chill sheet trays with cookies in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges start to brown slightly. Cool on wire racks until completely cooled.
How to Make Glaze
- Combine confectioners sugar, corn syrup, lime juice and water in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined and smooth in consistency. Glaze can sit at room temperature, covered for up to five days.
- Stir glaze before use, add more water if too thick. Pour the glaze into a medium shallow bowl, and dip the top part of the cookie into the glaze, holding by the edges. Let excess drip off.
- Set down on a wire rack and top with chopped freeze dried fruit, tea leaves and pepita seeds.
Many Wholesome products are qualified to use the following: