For the Cookies
1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Divine Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pure Fair Trade vanilla extract
3/4 cup organic buttermilk
For the Filling
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Divine Bittersweet Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together oil, organic sugar and egg. In separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix while adding vanilla and buttermilk. Mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop by tablespoon full (or larger depending on the size you like to make) onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Whip together the filling ingredients until thick and creamy. Spread filling onto half of the cookies and place the other half of the cookie on top of the filing to form sandwiches.
- Dip into chopped up pieces of Divine Bittersweet Chocolate baking bar.
Recipe Source: Divine Chocolate
Many Wholesome products are qualified to use the following: